Sunday, March 24, 2013

"Do Us A Flavor"

About half a year ago, I saw on my Facebook newsfeed that a friend had used an app to create his own flavor of Lay's potato chips. Intrigued, I clicked into the app and eventually created my own flavor, "Pastafari". It was stated that at the end, the three flavors most voted on would be produced. And after people have gotten around to trying the three flavors, consumers would then vote again to determine the best out of the final three.
I found out a couple of months ago that the best three had been voted on: Chicken & Waffles, Cheesy Garlic Bread, and Sriracha. As soon as I found out, I was ecstatic about the Sriracha flavor because I am a huge fan of the Sriracha sauce - a spicy chili sauce originated in Thailand, which I use almost on a daily basis to add flavor to my meals. I have been using Sriracha since I was in 8th grade and it is as essential to my meals as salt and pepper are to most Americans. I know what it looks and tastes like and I would recognize it anywhere - I know what I'm talking about when it comes to my Sriracha, alright. Which is why I was so disappointed in Lay's Sriracha chips, because they hardly tasted like the Sriracha sauce. They weren't nearly as spicy as I thought they'd be, and they actually tasted a little more like ketchup than a hot chili sauce. I couldn't even finish the bag because I had almost developed a taste aversion by the time I finally made myself stop. I wanted to see if I'd like it if I ate more of it, because I was having a hard time believing that the Sriracha chips I had long anticipated and FINALLY FOUND (I had been seeing commercials for them for a couple of months before I finally saw them at a gas station this weekend) were such a letdown. But it turned out no matter how much I ate, it was still bad to me.
I really thought that Sriracha was going to be my favorite, and my second favorite would've been Chicken & Waffles. I really like chicken & waffles asa meal, but now I don't even know if I still want to try Lay's Chicken & Waffles. And as for Cheesy Garlic Bread, I didn't have the least bit of interest in that flavor in the beginning, although now I'm starting to wonder if that one will actually end up being my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment